Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh Boy!

We FINALLY found out what we are having and it's a boy!  Believe it or not Jay refused to come with me to one of those sonogram places before my 20 week check up.  Since I didn't want to find out without him, I had to wait.  I can't believe he put me through that misery!  Oh well, when the day finally came, I was pretty sure I was having a boy.  When the technician asked us our thoughts, Jay said girl and I said boy.  As usual I was right.  (In all honesty, I'm not actually right most of the time but don't tell Jay). 

We (meaning me) thought it would be fun to let out family members know by having a dessert with either pink or blue inside the dessert to reveal the baby's gender.  Thankfully for us our good friend Sarah Calvert makes amazing desserts.  She was able to make us delicious cupcakes with blue frosting on the inside.  She was also the first to know and was great about not telling anyone.  Clint did his best to get the secret out of her but she claimed baker client privilege.  Gotta love it!

The adorable cupcakes!


As you look through the pictures below please know one thing.  Our family doesn't normally eat dessert standing up.  We also don't normally eat dessert before dinner.  However, out impatient family couldn't wait until after dinner to find out and they basically attacked us to get to the cupcakes when we walked through the door.  I barely had time to get the camera out!


Henry was the first to see the blue.  He was so excited!

Even though Sumner wanted a girl, she wore blue for the occasion.

Delicious!

John Henry didn't really understand what was going on.  However, he did enjoy feeding Grandma her cupcake.


Our family of three - soon to be four.  Boy will I be outnumbered!

No comments:

Post a Comment