Monday, June 25, 2012

True Love

This morning I offered John Henry the last cinnamon roll for breakfast.  I wasn't heartbroken when he said no because that meant I got to eat it.  Actually, I was thrilled.  I'm hungry and pregnant and that cinnamon roll looked delicious.  And it was delicious.  Just as I was getting to the best part (the middle where it's nice and soft and all the icing has melted down into it) John Henry decided he wanted the cinnamon role.  I won't lie.  I actually sat there and thought about saying, "Sorry Charlie.  You had your chance".  However, seeing as how he was a little sick, and hadn't had much to eat in 24 hours, I felt that I should give it to him.  So I gave John Henry the very best part of the cinnamon role.  It was a painful experience (for me) and if I didn't love him with all my heart I wouldn't have shared.  I'm pretty sure that's what they call true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment