Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The "Garden"

The Moors thought that if you lived in a garden, you would never die. If that were true, I may not have many years left after looking at my backyard. Okay, it's not that bad, but sometimes I feel like it is. I recently rented a Bobcat for improvement, which I operated myself for about one hour. After having a little fun driving around, I found this piece of equipment wasn't quite suited to do the hard work I was planning it to do. So, I figured I would cut my losses and bring it around to the front. Well, I proceeded to get the machine wedged between a hill/mountain (whatever) in yard and the neighbors fence. It wasn't pretty. After more than two hours of manually digging (ironic huh?) the Bobcat out of it's hole, I was able to straighten it out and drive it down the hill and around the house. $200 later, I created nothing except destruction. I paid for this? Someday that yard will be a nice oasis for my dog and all to see. How will I get there? Persistence. That I have

No comments:

Post a Comment