Sunday, January 16, 2011

1 Month

John Henry is 1 month old.  Time has flown by but I would be lying if I didn't add that it also seems like an eternity since December 16.  I can still remember the feeling of excitement when we were in the hospital and the feeling of frustration when dealing with the Jaundice but it feels like that was so long ago.  I'll attribute that to our ever changing sleep habits and the numerous feedings, pumping, and bottle washings that have all blurred together. 

One thing that is certain is that our little boy has changed in the past month. You may not be able to tell by the pictures but as his parents we can see that his features, actions, and weight have definitely changed.  John Henry had his 1 month check up this week and he weighed 8 pounds 9 ounces and is now 21 inches long.  So 2 pounds and 2 inches later he is well on his way to being a big man.  Okay, maybe not a big man.  No one in our family is described as big.  But he is on his way to being a strong man.  I say that for two reasons. 

1.  He already has these little muscles and if he's anything like his daddy he will be strong.  Jay was strong as a little kid so I hope John Henry takes after his dad.
2.  The doctor said so.  And no, I don't think the doctor was just trying to be nice.  I mean that at his 1 month appointment, he rolled over for her on the examination table.  Seriously.  Our kid rolled over on command.  Okay, maybe not on command but we did ask him to put on a show for her.  It was awesome and she was very impressed.  (Typing these last few sentences has made me realize that I'm bragging about our kid.  I would apologize but I've realized that I'll never be able to say anything like our kid was 90% percentile in weight, height, or whatever when it comes to development milestones.  So instead I believe our kid is 100% in strength.)

Alright, enough about the check up.  We haven't captured every moment on film over the past month but here are some of our favorites:


 John Henry on his 1 month birthday
 Just to show how small he still is at 1 month...




 Sometimes this is the only way I can get him to sleep.
 Saying his prayers...
 Trying to figure out why he needed a bath.
 We call this his power outfit...
 Sharing a laugh with daddy
 Giving up on tummy time!
 Showing his love for frogs



These next two pictures are from his first week home.  I still can't believe how small he was.
 First time in the swing and first tummy time by the tree.

We love you John Henry!

No comments:

Post a Comment