Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Toddler

We were recently told by family members that they see certain two year old looks and behavior in our one year old.  We agreed but also took it as a joke.  Apparently it's not a joke and John Henry really is a toddler and not a baby anymore.  I say that because today when he was picked up he had a Toddler/Twos Daily Report instead of the Infant Report sheet we've seen everyday.  John Henry spent 6 hours today in the Toddler Room.  He had breakfast, lunch and snack there.  He also took an hour and a half nap on a little mat.  A LITTLE MAT!!!  Not a crib.  It blows my mind and I'm still thinking about how that's possible.  I'm a little sad and excited at the same time.  Sad because he's quickly moving away from all things baby and excited to see him growing and doing new things.  We were told that his transition to the toddler room has officially started and in two weeks he'll be there full time.  I think it will take me at least two weeks to wrap my head around the fact that he's sleeping on a mat...

No comments:

Post a Comment