Sunday, July 11, 2010

Damn, it was a good day

It's Sunday and the weekend is almost over, but it was a good one.  Amanda probably won't like me blogging about this, but it really had nothing to do with her being out of town.  Really.  There is no one I would rather spend time with.  So what did I do all weekend?  Nothing.  No commitments, except tennis on Saturday morning which I would like to forget about.  I sat outside the rest of the day on Saturday with my dog, smoking some ribs and brisket, listening to music and drinking cold beer in the shade.  It doesn't get any better than that.  I realize this may be the last weekend I ever have to do this before we have the baby.  I have to enjoy the free time while I can.  It's a small sacrifice in the long run, or so I've been told.  But for one weekend and to quote my boy Ice Cube, "Damn it was a good day."

1 comment:

  1. "Just waik'n up in the morning gotta thank God, I dunno but today seems kinda odd" Beer/Brisket and mans best friend. Today was a good day...

    "U"za Smooth Mofo!

    ReplyDelete