Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What will it look like?

Jay and I have been doing a lot of talking about what this baby may look like.  We agree on a few things and disagree on others.  One thing we both agree on is that this baby will not have hair.  At least for a while.  Anyone who has seen Jay or who has seen my baby pictures knows that hair is not something we have an abundance of.  We think the baby will have very fair skin and probably won't be too big.  Jay hopes the baby has my eyes and I hope that the baby has his eyes. 

In the end, I think I know what it will look like.  It will look like a wrinkly little man (regardless of if it's a boy or girl) - who most closely resembles Jay.  All newborn babies seem to look like their dad and to be perfectly honest, most of them aren't very cute (no offense to the dads).  You know the saying, only a face a mother could love?  I'm pretty sure that is a result of seeing newborn babies.  I'm sure anyone reading this is thinking that I'm going to be a brutal mother.  And who knows, I very well may be.  But I will love my baby - even if it looks like a hairless, wrinkly, old man.

-AS

No comments:

Post a Comment