Sunday, August 29, 2010

Garage Space...and a tribute to previous loves


Amanda is starting to make her nest and that means making room for new things - that includes the garage.  To give a little background, about two years ago I sold the first car I owned; a Jeep Wrangler.  It was custom painted "midnight blue", had a three inch lift with big tires and waterproof speakers.  I had a soft top that never went on in the 16 years I owned it.  I can tell you from experience that this is the best car a 16 year old could ever imagine driving.  I have many great memories from owning this car.  It was my first of three Jeeps I would eventually own.  Well, this past weekend I sold my second love; a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I bought this car in 97' and put over 140K miles on it in 13 years.  I made many trips with this car including driving out to live with one of my good friends in Boulder, CO.  Many a camping trip I remember this car taking us on.  This truck also survived a car-jacking and was lost to me for eight days - that was six years ago.  But it was time to move on since I'm now driving my third Jeep, which was handed down to me from my dad with 225K miles on the odometer.  There can be many things said about the Jeep.  I guess one reason I love it so much it that I think of myself a little:  adaptable, rough around the edges but acceptable, and American.  Will I own another Jeep after this one?  Someday, but it looks like the nesting from my wife may take us down another path.  Something that has a third row seat, which Jeep doesn't offer.  I would like to own another.  I will miss my Jeeps.  Maybe our son will be as lucky as I was and have a Jeep to ride in when he's 16...God willing

No comments:

Post a Comment