Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday

I'm surprised I'm still married.  That first sentence doesn't really go along with the title of this blog, but I hope to get to that.  It started with the birth of our son, John Henry.  I was told by every woman I know to get a "push gift" for Amanda.  I thought fixing the dent in her car was a pretty good idea and something she's wanted for a long time.  Mandy Crawford did not agree.  According to her, jewelry was the only answer.  Well, December 16th rolled around and no push gift for my wife.

Christmas rolls around and we both decided not to get any presents for each other.  That's typically a trap but we both did what we said for once.  Okay - moving on to my favorite month or should I say Amanda's favorite month, February.  February 14th as some of us men know is Valentines day.  This is not a couples holiday - it's the girl's holiday.  Well, Amanda wakes me up Valentines day morning with a new pair of sunglasses.  What did I have for her?  Nada.  Of course I went to get her some flowers before I came home from work - but there is a premium for buying flowers on Valentines day...even at Costco. 

This brings me to our Anniversary which falls on the 16th of February.  According to my family, I should already have left Amanda - it should be grounds for divorce for making me feel guilty by springing a Valentines day present on me first thing in the morning.  So, Amanda decides to debunk that philosophy by giving me an iPad the day before our anniversary.  Make sense?  So, not only did I not have anything for her the day before our anniversary, but I didn't give her anything on the day of our anniversary. 

It's February 23rd, the day before Amanda's birthday.  Do I have something prepared?  No.  The only thing that I can give to her is a happy birthday wish.  I hope that's enough.  I plan on making it up to her if we're still together next week.  Right now, we're in Breckenridge, Colorado skiing.  Well...at least I'm skiing.  John Ramsey is coming over from Denver to ski with me on Amanda's birthday while she stays in the Condo taking care of John Henry.  That's almost tough to write.  I'm lucky to have her.  I have no present, but until I do - Happy birthday, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment