Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring is here

Ahhhh, spring.  My favorite season.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some fall too.  Problem is, right after fall comes winter...my least favorite season.  Right after spring comes summer which means long warm days in the sun.  I love being outside.  I even enjoy some yard work, because it gets me outside.  I like to think John Henry will help me out in the yard when he gets older - he doesn't really have a choice in the matter.  I learned a lot from my old man and for good or bad it's allowed me to fix some things around the house.  Right now my project is to finish building the fence in the backyard - a project that was supposed to start about four months ago...that was BK (as my sis calls "BK", before kids).  I find that my time is more limited now.  What happened to "Jay Time"?  Jay Time is what my family used to call time that I set aside to do whatever Jay needed to do.  It may mean watching a movie or playing golf or grilling out.  Whatever Jay needed as long as no commitments were made.  That was the only rule - no commitments.  Now I have family time.  Strange to say those words sometimes.  Never really thought that I would have a family of my own.  Crazy.  All of our friends have families too and it's amazing to see so many dang kids running around.  I have to admit, I never imagined that most of the guys I grew up with would become good fathers, but they are.  Speaking of those guys and their families, here are some picks from our monthly Wheeler outing:












No comments:

Post a Comment