Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

On Sunday I convinced Jay and my brother to leave the football behind and head to the Berry Farms pumpkin patch.  I'm sure they would've loved to go if they thought John Henry was going to get some real enjoyment out of the experience.  But they knew that wasn't the point of going.  Truth be told, John Henry could have cared less.  He would have had just as much fun looking at pumpkins at Home Depot, and it would have been a shorter drive.  This years visit to the pumpkin patch was strictly a photo op, and I didn't try to disguise it as anything else.


When we arrived they had a little wagon set up for pictures.  Clearly they recognized that many parents, like myself, where there for the pictures. 


My brother was taking the pictures, I was making funny noises/faces to make John Henry laugh, and Jay was keeping an eye on the line forming behind us so we didn't tossed out for taking up too much time.


This was the last shot we got before Jay pulled us away.  I think he was worried the other families would started rioting if we didn't move on.


The Berry Patch farm had your typical farm animals the kids could look at.  But don't let your kids too close, clearly the animals bite.  Seriously, you are going to let children near animals that bite?  Doesn't that scream lawsuit to anyone???


After looking at the animals, you could load up and take a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch.  We ended up walking, which got us out of having to pay for the tractor ride.  Although I promise that wasn't the point of walking. 

Headed to the pumpkins...



When we arrived, we tried to get our first family shot.  This was the best one, even though John Henry isn't looking. 


It was pretty cute to see our little man using the pumpkins to balance why he practiced his standing.  Since the pumpkins rolled, it made it a little difficult but I was pretty impressed.  He also enjoyed smacking them.  Such a boy!


My sweet boys.


John Henry and Uncle Josh. 


Our second attempt at a family shot.  Again, John Henry is not looking. 


I finally figured out why.  It was the tractor.  He didn't know what to make of it so anytime it was around (and there was one arriving every 30 seconds) he refused to take his eyes off of it.


I love this kid!


Realizing that our family shot wasn't going to happen, we thought we would put him on a pumpkin for a cute picture.


Yeah, not so much...


Oh crap, here comes that tractor again. 


The boys.  I still couldn't get a full smile from John Henry.  We'll continue to blame the tractor.


I would like to thank Jay and my brother for humoring me.  We took 101 pictures in 35 minutes.  Even though I didn't get my family shot, it was worth it for the pictures we did get.  Hopefully Jay and Josh agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment