Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Maternity Photos

It's funny.  There are a few things I've done this time around that I didn't do when I was pregnant with John Henry.  I receive the weekly updates from babycenter.  I always have second breakfast with this baby.  I had maternity photos taken.  I wasn't going to do maternity photos but the opportunity came up and I really wanted to get a picture of John Henry kissing my belly. 
 
I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect.  Up until taking the pictures, maternity photos brought up the image of a naked celebrity, wearing a crazy over sized necklace, sitting in a awkward position, on the cover of a magazine.  None of that sounded appealing to me.
 
Thankfully that's not how my maternity photos were.  The pictures were taken by Stacey De Martini who is the sweetest and most prepared person.  She brought everything we needed and did a great job.  She had to work with John Henry and Lady and it didn't seem to phase her a bit.  It was funny, Lady wanted to be in the picture, John Henry did not.  So typical.
 
Below are some of my favorites:
 
 


This picture totally captures John Henry's mood.  He liked Stacy a lot.  He just didn't want to do the pictures.

The belly shot

At least someone kissed the baby!
 
Kissing our baby - at least the baby for the next 3 weeks.  Then he becomes the older brother.  So crazy!

Once the baby is born we're doing newborn photos with Stacey.  She had all these great little hats and I loved the one with the star on it.  The baby will wear it for one of the newborn photos.
 
Jay appeased me and jumped in a few shots.  He really does not like to be in pictures, especially posed pictures.  Thanks babe!
 
 
And here's the belly shot.  Or should I say crotch shot?  This is the only time we were able to get John Henry really trying to kiss the baby.  For the first time in my life I was too tall.  Oh well, at least we tried.  It's still my favorite picture.
 
If anyone needs a photographer, I HIGHLY recommend Stacey.  Her email address is staceyjdemartini@gmail.com and her phone number is 404-281-7913.  She's also on facebook (which I still know nothing about).
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment