Monday, January 11, 2010

Tired but Fired...Up!

Just got back from my first true run of the new year. I'm extremely tired, but I'm fired up about finally getting in shape. I know every year I say I'm in the worst shape I've ever been, but this year is without a doubt the worst. I'm not setting any New Year's resolutions. I feel you can make changes at anytime in your life, you just have to start. That's always the hardest part - starting something you feel you have to do, but don't necessarily want to. My motivation right now is knowing that if I keep this up, I won't be embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach in May - that and standing next to a friend at the beach who may put me to shame. One of my favorite sayings this time of year is, "it's time to shed the winter coat." After Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's hard to be in your best shape unless it's a round shape. Of course, I don't want to short myself during the holidays so I fatten myself up with the best of them. Spring and summer are right around the corner and it's time to slim down. Time to get motivated for as long as possible - got to keep the mo' moving...even for just one more day.

JHS

No comments:

Post a Comment