Friday, September 24, 2010

Harder than it looks

Like I said, we scrapped the Peter Rabbit bedding and decided to go for something more boyish.  I really didn't think it would be very hard.  Boy was I wrong (pun intended)!  I've looked at tons of bedding.  Here are my requirements:

1.  I don't want it to look babyish - meaning I want to be able to use the room after it's past the stage that you no longer count their age in months.
2.  I don't want it to look like crayons exploded in the room - meaning I don't want a clash of primary colors.
3.  It needs to have enough color that it engages the baby but doesn't drive me nuts.  I'm a neutral girl - I like color but I don't know that I always like it in my house.  However, I do realize that babies need color so I can bend a little.
4.  It needs to look good with the furniture we already have.  We just bought a beautiful crib, dresser, and glider.  Additionally, we have an adorable bookcase from Jay's grandparents that we are using.  We are not scrapping the furniture so the bedding, rug, and decorations need to compliment what we already have.

Having these requirements has made it a little harder than I expected. I'm headed back to the store today to return two more bedding rejects.  Maybe number four will be the lucky number?  If not, I'm ready to order possibilities five and six.  If those don't work, we may have a problem....

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment