Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 26 and Counting

We are moving right along.  I'm 26 weeks and the baby is definitely growing.  He loves to move around now and sometimes he likes to wake me up in the morning before I'm ready to get up.  I'm not sure he understands that he isn't supposed to do that until after he's born! 

We've also started preparing (to the best of our ability) for our upcoming arrival.  We've enrolled in a birthing class as well as a hospital tour.  We also picked up our crib and dresser, which look great!  We ordered the glider and I can say we tested out a ton of different types of recliners and gliders to find the chair that fit our body type the best.

One thing that has deviated from the original plan is our Peter Rabbit decorating plans.  We put the bedding in the crib and I wasn't happy.  I thought it would be okay but the more I stared at it, the more I wasn't happy.  I know the baby doesn't care.  But I do and I'll be spending a fair amount of time in the room so my vote counts.  We've decided to say adios to Peter, and go for more blue, tan, and cream.  We won't have a theme, but I'm sure I'll find some cute prints to put on the walls.  It won't be a babyish room but it will be a boy room.  Now I just have to find something and get it ordered ASAP. 

The next couple of weeks will be busy but I'm sure we'll get the nursery pulled together in time.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment