Monday, April 18, 2011

4 Months!

Here we are again and I feel like this month went faster than the ones before it.  John Henry is 4 months and is currently 14 pounds and 25 inches long.  He's 50% in weight and 70% in height.  Yes I said it, 70% in height!  I find this to be funny since Jay and I were convinced that the sheet said 20% for height until the doctor corrected us. 





Over the past few weeks John Henry's eyes are moving away from the blue and true green to a more hazel brown.  The doctor thinks they may be hazel when it's all said and done but I'm holding out hope for those brown eyes.  It also looks like the red is gone and he will have blond hair.
 


Overall John Henry is an extremely happy baby.  He wakes up with a smile and keeps it for most of the day. 


John Henry is a talker.  He loves to talk and doesn't always need a response from us to keep going.  He talks in the car, in his chairs, during tummy time, when you hold him, when he wakes up, when he goes to sleep...you get the picture.  I guess he has a lot to say!



He loves to grab at his toys.  If there isn't a toy in front of him he is content to grab and pull on your fingers.


He continues to put everything possible in his mouth.  We believe he's teething and is always gumming everything possible.


He loves to be outside which makes Jay so happy.  I pray he doesn't get allergies so he can spend as much time as possible with his daddy exploring the great outdoors.




 He's still very sensitive to sound.  When we blow our nose, close a heavy door, and unload the plates from the dishwasher he jumps from the sound.  His eyes get wide and for a brief moment panic washes over his face.  He gets over it quickly but for that split second he looks scared to death...


We've been told that we can start John Henry on solid foods (at least rice cereal) and he can now go in his exersaucer.  Next thing they'll be telling me is he's ready for college.  If I could slow down time I would but since I can't I'll continue to take a lot of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment