Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekend of Firsts

With a new baby every day seems to be some type of first for them.  This past weekend we had two big firsts. 

1.  Eating some rice ceral and bananas; and
2.  Playing in the exercaucer
The rice cereal went okay.  John Henry had more fun playing with the cereal than eating it.  To be honest, I'm shocked any of it got swallowed.  It didn't look very appetizing to me!


Gearing up for the first bite...

I realize I look mad in this picture.  I'm not mad, I'm just concentrating on getting the food into his mouth as opposed to all over his face.

He's not necessarily convinced that it's good...

Overall it was okay.  Not great but not bad.  I didn't get any pictures of the bananas but he really enjoyed those.  They were frozen so I'm sure it felt good on his sore gums.

Next up was the exercaucer.  It didn't start off great but it got better.  He's a little afraid of the honking sound one of the buttons makes but overall I think he likes it.



Look how tiny he looks in it!

Wondering what it's all about
He would rather watch Lady.

Then it was off to the play gym.  Now that he is grabbing everything it's more entertaining for him.

Got it!

Mmmm, yummy!

After all that play time he needed a nap.  He fell asleep with me on the couch. I didn't sleep long since he kept rolling over on his side, which didn't leave a lot of room for me.  Oh well, his sleep is more important!

No comments:

Post a Comment