Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sick and Tired - At least at a good time

Being sick sucks. I'm not really feeling too bad but just enough to annoy the hell out of me. I've had a sore throat for the last two days and now I have a headache and I feel weak - just as I was hitting my stride on getting in shape. To tell the truth, my body really needed a break. I never thought I would exercise so many days in a row. Like I told my wife, I would like to take credit for this new found energy, but I can't. It's my competitive nature about not letting someone else get ahead of me. You run fast, but I can run faster. You ride hard, but I can ride just as hard. At least that's what I tell myself. I'm a little older now, but I feel my body responding and it's a good feeling. I was pretty worried when I first started - my entire body ached and I was sore in parts I didn't know existed. Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow. The guys went out riding tonight without me, so I'll have to catch up tomorrow. The weather is going to be nice the rest of the week (of course you can't trust the weather this winter) and I need to take advantage of it.

I'd also like to thank my wife for getting me a new phone. She finally got tired of me complaining about the POS that I had. She got me an iPhone and just like when she got me my the iPod touch, I can't put it down. I really should have gotten this thing sooner, but that's just the way I am. So, I have my phone to play with while I'm under the weather. Maybe one more day of clouds before I head out into the sun again. Got to keep the MO!

JS

No comments:

Post a Comment