Tuesday, June 15, 2010

12 weeks and counting

Three months.  Crazy to think about.  We just got the results back from our latest tests and ultrasound and so far everything looks great.  It was amazing to see the baby move around on the monitor like a fully developed child.  Right now the baby is only 2.5 inches long.  I didn't expect it, but we also got an idea of what we're going to have - the technician said 75% boy.  I found myself excited by the prospects.  Looking back, I honestly don't care what I have.  I could see myself being a real pushover if we have a girl and although it's set in stone, we don't know for sure yet.  We'll know in a few weeks.  That being said, I'll be glad if we have a boy first in case we have a girl next.  The thinking is so that the boy can look out for little sis.  Again, I'm getting way ahead of myself, but it's hard not to think of these things.  Names, schools, sports, church...the list goes on.  We want to be good parents, but not crazy-over-the-top parents.  We know a few of those and we also know the parents where we would like to model our family after.  It really just comes down to what we're comfortable with, so we'll see.  So far so good

No comments:

Post a Comment