Sunday, December 5, 2010

One step closer to victory

I don't know what I'm more excited about - my first child about to be born or Auburn making the national championship game!  I think I know the answer to the following hypothetical: if my wife went into labor during the game, would I stay behind to finish watching or would I drive to the hospital?  Whatever my answer, this is almost an impossible scenario and Amanda would not be happy at all of having to wait that long.  In fact, from the sound of things we could have the baby before her due date.  That doesn't fit into my plans.  I wanted to get so many things done and I dragged my feet  because I work better under pressure - I procrastinate.  I'm good at it.  But you can't up and move the due date on me.  That messes up everything.  Some things you just can't prepare for and I think having a baby is a classic example.  I look forward to the challenge because I know it will be.  It's going to be a good year.  My alma mater is one step away from possibly becoming a national champion and my kid could be here to witness it!  Well, maybe not witness, but be here with me to witness it.  It could be a good story!

No comments:

Post a Comment