Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The John Henry Show

I would much rather be behind the camera than in front of it, but it doesn't appear that way by looking at the blog.  It's just that Amanda loves to capture the moment - every moment.  I always make fun of Amanda and her family for taking so many pictures.  If you were to scroll down the blog fast enough, you would see a motion picture of John Henry's entire life.  Now don't get me wrong - I love a picture as much as the next person...after the picture is taken.  The process definitely sucks.

We're almost to a point where our entire lives will be captured on a hard drive.  It kind of reminds me of that movie "The Truman Show" where Jim Carrey plays this guy who lives his life (unbeknownst to him) on a movie set.  His whole life, up until the point where he finally realizes what is going on, is caught on film.  Now JH isn't on some Hollywood set, but his life sure is getting captured digitally and we still complain that we don't get enough.  And the equipment for capturing these moments is only getting more advanced.  There is a camera out that takes a 25 mega pixel picture.  I mean, when do we max out here?  When we can capture someones digital soul?  Or when we can zoom in enough to see at a subatomic level?  That would be cool.  How about an x-ray camera?  When is that coming out?

Well, I guess I'll play my part by adding another picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment