Sunday, September 18, 2011

Camping

Somehow it was decided that we (Starrs, Calverts, Crawfords and Dale, Frank, Drew, Ash, and Beau) should go camping after the Warrior Dash in Tennessee.  I didn't care what we did as long as I didn't have to be in charge.  The boys got together, made the plans, and went up early to get our campsite ready.  (In all actuality, they went up early to make sure they could get the satellite dish and TV working for the Saturday night football games).  Sarah and I did not participate in the Warrior Dash.  However, we were pleasantly surprised that everything was done when we got there.  All the tents were up, the fire was ready, and the beer was cold.  Perfect! 

Our clean campsite. 


Clint and Jay had just finished the Warrior Dash when we arrived.  They were filthy and wanted to show off the beer tokens they collected.  I'm not sure why they went around collecting them.  But they were proud of them so I had to get a picture. 

Seriously???  I don't want to think about where that beer token has been.  At least they showered after this picture.

Awwww.  What a cute couple!

Finally the rest of the group arrived.  Beau was sporting a friend's trophy, which happened to be a warrior helmet.

I decided to borrow it but quickly gave it back after a few pictures.  That thing was heavy!


Drew won an award as well.  He got a smaller helmet that was converted into a drinking mug...

Drew and Clint

Jay, Ash, and Frank relaxing in front of the fire and TV.

Mandy's mom was brave enough to join us.  She's even mentioned that she would come on another camping trip if we ever get it planned.  Jay thinks that the next trip should involve real hiking.  Hey, I'm up for whatever, as long as I don't have to plan it!




No comments:

Post a Comment