Wednesday, December 14, 2011

First Visit with Santa

I love all things Christmas.  Always have always will.  I feel like the same love of Christmas is in John Henry's blood since his due date was December 25, 2010.  He probably would have been a Christmas baby had it not been for my health issues that created the need to induce prior to the delivery date.  So imagine my surprise this year when I found out on October 1 that the Phipps Santa Clause (who only takes reservations) had been booked for well over a month!  There were absolutely no reservations left.  My surprise turned to tears (yes I realize how silly it is to cry about) until my very good friend Sarah came to the rescue.  She let us have her Santa appointment and was able to double up with Ragan since they're family.  Sarah definitely saved the day.  As a result, we got the adorable picture below.

Although John Henry's not breaking out his full smile, I was very impressed that he didn't loose it when I passed him to Santa.  I was waiting for the look of fear but he hung in there and gave a little grin.

One of the great things about visiting Santa was that we were able to do it with our friends.  The Calvert, Weeks, and Benich family all had reservations back to back so we got to hang out after the pictures. 

Jay made it just in time to see John Henry visit with Santa.  I'm so glad he was there to see it.

There's John Henry's goofy smile!

After the individual pictures we tried to get a group shot.  As you can see, it wasn't going to happen.

This last picture looks adorable right?  It is for everyone but John Henry.  What you don't know is that Clint was making some crazy noise that actually scared the heck out of John Henry.  When John Henry is scared, his first reaction is to lean towards someone in hopes that they will protect him.  He was so freaked out that he leaned all the way over on Maggie.  The other girls just thought he was being cute so they leaned in as well.  It was pretty funny. 

After pictures we headed over to Twist for lunch.  The weather was beautiful and the kids enjoyed eating outside.  It really ended up being a perfect day.  Thank you again Sarah.  I owe you one!

No comments:

Post a Comment