Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Christmas Card

Our Christmas card picture this year happened by accident.  We had planned on doing a nice posed family shot.  But our planned family shot sucked.  We just couldn't get everyone to look at the camera (without squinting) at the same time. 

I knew I wanted to send out a Christmas card and since I was running out of time I decided to look through the TONS of pictures we had already taken.  As I was looking though I couldn't help but laugh at some pictures we took when we were bored and playing outside.  We thought it would fun to throw John Henry up in the air and take pictures of his reaction.  I'm sure your thinking it's a cruel form of amusement but he really did love it.






Onced I cropped the pictures and took a closer look I realized we had our picture.  It's a shame I didn't look through these pictures earlier.  I could have saved everyone the trouble of dressing up for the posed picture.


The funny thing is, we received more comments about this Christmas card then all of our previous cards combined.  Everyone seemed to love it.  We even got phone calls, texts, and emails from people we barely talk to who had to tell us how much they loved our card.  So now I have to ask myself what will we do for next year's picture?  I have no clue but I hope people don't expect anything good.  I'm pretty sure this cute picture was a one time thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment