Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sad Day

I was trying to make reservations at my favorite restaurant tonight but for some reason the restaurant didn't appear on opentable.com.  It was weird, so I decided to go directly to the restaurant's website but their website wasn't working.  I started to panic a little so I googled the restaurant.  And then the most horrible thing happened.  I saw a link to an article saying that our favorite restaurant had closed in November!  What???  They closed?  No one called to tell me.  I didn't receive any email about the closing.  I was shocked and very upset. 

You can roll your eyes and call me dramatic but I don't care.  My favorite restaurant has closed.  It's where Jay had sushi for the first time.  It's where I've had amazing dinners with our friends.  It's where Jay and I went to eat after he proposed.  And it's where we met for lunch during the week when we could sneak away from work.  It was our restaurant.  And now it's gone.  So goodbye MF Sushi on Ponce.  You will be sadly missed.  I wish we knew you were closing.  We would have come to pay our condolences. 

1 comment: